Coaching and Manager Requirements
Coaching information for the 2017-18 season
Coaches- Below are five requirements for all NJ Rockets coaches, as required by USA Hockey and the Atlantic district. All coaches (head and assistant) must have the following credentials completed by December 31st. Please note that this year safe sport now needs to be completed by the start of the season.
- Current USA Hockey Registration Number- This must be renewed each year in orderfor coaches to be on a NJR roster. This must be done at http://www.usahockey.com/page/show/1574660-usa-hockey-registration
- Current CEP Level- USA Hockey requires yearly advancement of the Coaching Education Program. There are four coaching levels (1-4). The level 4 course is usually only offered one time per year. If you have achieved level 3 and have renewed level 3 once, you must advance to level 4 in order to continue coaching. http://www.usahockey.com/coachingclinics
- Age Specific Module- Coaches must complete an online age specific course for the level they are coaching at. You only need to take any level once, but if you coach at a new level the following year you must complete the module for that level. Modules are good for the duration of your coaching career. Modules include: Mite 8u, Squirt- 10u, PeeWee 12u, Bantam 14u, Midget 19u http://www.usahockey.com/page/show/892966-age-specific-modules
- Safe Sport Online Course- Must be renewed every two years. A refresher online course may be taken once your 2 year eligibility is up http://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining
- Atlantic District (AAHA) Background Screen- You must have this screening to be around NJ Rockets players. No other background screen is permitted http://www.atlantic-district.org/ScreeningInstructions.pdf
Team Managers- You must register with USA Hockey (no charge), take SafeSport and complete the background screening
- USA Hockey Registration- https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/login_input.action
- SafeSport- https://training.teamusa.org/accounts/register?v=true&o=0b17625e-9331-41c3-a769-c54e7785beb8
- Background Screening – Go to www.atlantic-district.org , and click on the Screening tab, for the instructions and link.